Selling your home with pets can be difficult, but with our tips, it’s not impossible. Keep reading for more information.
Pets and Showing Your Home to Prospective Buyers
The good news is that you can still sell your home, even if you have pets. The bad news is that you have to be extremely careful when showing and preparing to sell your home. It’s essential to educate potential buyers on the rules before they walk into your home. Some ways to help you make a sale are:
- Have your agent agree to double-check if your home can be shown with pets, or if you need to arrange alternative accommodations.
- Provide a home safety pamphlet that explains the rules for your pets while potential buyers are in the home.
Tips for Pet Owners
What to know before selling your home with pets:
- Know your real estate agent – Ensure that you are getting the best service possible, and that your agent is comfortable working with animals.
- Find a space for your pets – Whether you will limit your animals to one area in the house or find a sitter for them, it’s important to have a designated area for them while potential buyers are present.
- Prepare to show your home – Preparation is vital for any show-ready home. Determine where you will put your pet bowls, walk-in closets, personal bathroom, etc. Also, you may want to have your yard landscaped to get rid of any pet damage.
Pets can be destructive, and they have the potential to be a great nuisance. By following a few of the simple steps we’ve mentioned, you can make the most significant impact on the selling process and the health and well-being of your pets.
Pets are family members, not property. They deserve to be taken care of correctly and with consideration, just like any other family member. Pets are expensive, time-consuming, and even expensive to feed. If you plan on taking on a pet in the future, consider your future finances and ensure you will afford it in the future. If you can’t afford it right now, you may not be ready to adopt. Consider your lifestyle as a whole before you make any big decisions. There are many rewards to owning a pet. If you already have a pet and want to sell your home with your dog or cat, don’t think twice about the decision to do so.
Contact Utah Sell Now
Now that we’ve shared our tips for selling your home with pets, contact the experts at Utah Sell Now today. We buy homes in the Salt Lake City, Utah, area in any condition fast and in cash so you don’t have to go through the hassle of staging and showing your home, or paying a realtor. Call us for your no-obligation written offer, and you could have money in hand for your home in as little as seven days.