Selling your home takes a lot of work and, to some people’s surprise, a lot of money. When preparing your home for a sale, it is easy to get wrapped up in how much your home is worth. Hopefully, you’ll be paying off your mortgage, and, on top of that, walk away with a decent profit! But before you get too caught up in that, it’s important to make sure you prepare yourself for the price of selling your home.
How much will it cost you to sell your home? Find out below.
Preparation for Selling
To impress potential buyers, you’ll need to get your house looking as good as possible. However, doing all of these things can cost thousands of dollars, especially if you hire professionals to do the job.
- Declutter —You’ll want to eliminate as much of your items and clutter as possible.
- Clean — Give your home a thorough cleaning, top to bottom. Don’t forget to clean your carpets and wash your windows.
- Landscaping — Help your home make a great first impression by increasing your curb appeal. Mow your lawn, remove weeds, plant blossoming flowers, rake the leaves, etc. your the exterior of your home needs.
- Staging — You’ll either want to leave your home furnished or have your house staged when listing and showing your home. Homes that are well-staged sell faster and for more money. Arrange your furniture in a way that showcases the space the best. Help potential buyers picture themselves living in your home.
- Photographs — you’ll need to take pictures of your house for your listing.
Repairs and Renovations
When selling your home, most buyers expect or require you to make sure repairs and renovations or, at the very least, lower the sales price or make concessions. You’ll either be spending money or getting less money, which is a lot like losing money.
Closing Costs and Other Fees
The seller is typically responsible for covering closing costs and a myriad of other fees. Depending on the tax rate in your area and the sale’s price of your home, you can expect to spend tens of thousands of dollars here. These fees include closing costs, agent commissions, escrow fees, title insurance, capital gains, real estate fees, and more.
Mental and Emotional Health
Not only does selling your home cost you money, but it also can take a toll on your mental and emotional health. For some, parting ways from a beloved home can be overwhelmingly stressful. For others, the stresses of selling a house alone can push someone past their limits.
Contact Utah Sell Now
Avoid the hassles and the hefty price of selling your home through traditional methods. When you sell your house to Utah Sell Now, Salt Lake City’s premier professional home buyer, you will get a fair cash offer without the headaches of making repairs or cleaning your house. When you sell your house to Utah Sell Now, you’ll save even more because we will pay all of the closing costs. Get your cash offer when you contact Utah Sell Now today!