If you want to sell your house fast, you may want to consider improving your curb appeal because it can impact your sale’s performance.
Curb appeal encompasses everything potential buyers see when they look at your house, from your yard to your front door. You only have one chance to make a good first impression, so here are some improvements you can make in order to get it right.
Curb Appeal is a Key Factor
What your driveway or front porch looks like may not seem like that big of a deal, but many real estate agents say that buyers judge homes exceptionally quickly, sometimes even within the first 30 seconds of being there. While your dingy front door may not seem like an issue now, it certainly will when an interested buyer doesn’t put in an offer because of it.
In addition to helping your home sell, improving your curb appeal could help it to sell at a higher price as well. A study conducted by Michigan State University found that homes with perceived effort put into their landscaping were valued at 5-11% higher than those that didn’t. That percentage can make all the difference when you’re trying to get the highest payout for your home.
Want to spruce up your house, but don’t have the budget for a big fix? We’ve got you covered. Here are some simple things you can do to improve your curb appeal:
- Give your door a fresh coat of paint that contrasts with the color of your house and add new metal house numbers. Trendy door and porch decor can also help modernize a dated house.
- Mow your lawn, trim any hedges or trees, and consider adding some flowers to your garden to fill in any gaps. If you want to go the extra mile you can even spray any discolored spots in your yard green with grass-safe paint.
- Rinse away any grime on your house, driveway, and sidewalks by putting a nozzle on your yard hose. If you have a stucco or brick house you could also rent a power washer, just make sure to keep it away from any windows.
- Stow away your trash cans and recycling bins, and attempt to seal up any cracks in your driveway.
- Update your light fixtures or change the lightbulbs on newer fixtures.
Ultimately it doesn’t have to cost you an arm and a leg to give the exterior of your home the makeover it deserves, and it could end up making you a pretty penny . A little bit of paint and hard work can go a long way.
Contact Utah Sell Now Today
If you live in Salt Lake City, Utah, and don’t want to go through the hassle of upping your curb appeal, don’t sweat it. At Utah Sell Now we will buy your house fast, and at a fair price without all the crazy extra fees. Contact us today to get your no-obligation offer, and you could be closing within as little as seven days.