Spring cleaning in Utah is a must since it’s known for its long, cold winters filled with mud, snow, germs, and illness. But when your house has fallen into disrepair over the winter, or the clutter and grime have built up to excessive levels, it’s easy to feel overwhelmed. This straightforward checklist is a great place to start!
Put Everything Away
Before you even get started on the cleaning, your first task is to put everything away. We’re talking about absolutely everything, in every room, on every surface. Find a home for each item and put it where it belongs. This is a great time to throw away garbage and eliminate the clutter from your home. It’s a lot easier to clean when every surface isn’t covered with stuff.
Don’t forget about the outside! Your holiday lights and decorations should be long gone by now, so if they’re not, get them taken down right away. Wash the outside of the windows, replace any burned-out lightbulbs, and pressure wash your siding, driveway, porch, and sidewalk.
Every Room Cleaning
Once your surfaces are free of clutter, you can start on the actual cleaning. These are tasks you should do in every room of your house:
- Wash the walls, baseboards, doors, window sills, and trim.
- Vacuum out floor and ceiling vents and wipe them down.
- Wash or clean window treatments, including blinds, curtains, drapes, etc.
- Replaced burned-out lightbulbs and clean light fixtures.
- Wash the interior windows.
We spend a reasonable amount of time in our kitchens, so it’s worth focusing on during spring cleaning. Work on the following items:
- Wash your cabinets with hot soapy water.
- Clean out the inside of the fridge. Wipe it down entirely and discard any expired food.
- Deep clean the oven.
- Pull out fridge and vacuum/mop behind it.
- Vacuum out kitchen drawers and cabinets.
Like most areas of our homes, bathrooms should be cleaned regularly. But it’s normal to fall behind, and spring is a great time to get the bathrooms back up to par. Make sure to clean these areas, as well as any others that need attention:
- Disinfect and thoroughly clean bathtubs and showers.
- Wash bathmats with hot water and laundry soap. Shake them outside first to remove any hair and dust.
- Wash and replace shower curtains and liners.
- Clean and disinfect the toilet, even around the base.
- Dust shelves and decorative items.
Sell Your Home to Utah Sell Now – No Cleaning Required!
Does your spring cleaning list seem unmanageable? Sell your home to Utah Sell Now, and you can skip the cleaning and move on to a home in better shape. We offer the fastest and easiest way to sell your house in Salt Lake City, Utah, and the surrounding areas, including Layton, West Valley City, and Sandy. We’ll purchase your home in any condition for cash and can close in well under a month. Contact us today to get a cash offer on your home!