If you’re selling your home, there are several steps you can take to attract home buyers so that they make an offer.
Catching a home buyer’s eye is the first step to selling your home. Below are five strategies you can use to attract buyers in Salt Lake City.
1. Splurge on Professional Photos
Catch a home buyer’s eye with high-quality photographs of your house. Unfortunately, even the latest and greatest iPhone camera won’t give you the type of resolution you want. Hiring a professional real estate photographer will have the experience and knowledge you want and provide you with the best pictures. Better pictures of your home mean more interested buyers! Splurging on professional photos is well worth the investment.
2. Increase Marketing Efforts
Another great way to attract prospective buyers is to increase your marketing efforts. Some areas do well with direct mail marketing, while others do better with advertisements on websites similar to Craigslist or Zillow or local listing websites. Increase your marketing even more with posts on social media platforms like Facebook (including Facebook Market), Instagram, and Twitter. You never know, someone in your group of friends could be buying or know someone who is.
3. Boost Your Home’s Curb Appeal
An effective way to get the attention of buyers is to give your house some serious curb appeal. Before you take photos and list your home, invest some time and money to boost your home’s exterior. Clear away weeds and overgrown plants and trees, and do what you can to get your lawn green. Add a coat of paint where necessary, and make any repairs that need to be made. Remember, first impressions are everything, especially when it comes to attracting home buyers.
4. Make the Space Feel Welcoming
As soon as a buyer walks in, you want them to feel at home. You can make your house feel welcoming by doing a few simple things:
- Open the Drapes — Before each of your showings, make sure to open your window treatments so every bit of natural light can pour into your house. Nothing warms up a space like sunlight—figuratively and literally!
- Make it a Comfortable Temperature — If you’re selling your home in colder months, make sure your house is warm and comfortable. If it’s hotter, make sure you take advantage of the AC!
- Use the Furniture to Your Advantage — It’s no secret that staged homes show better than unfurnished ones. Arrange the furniture in a way that showcases the space. If you can, hire a professional staging company.
5. Set Your Price Just Under Market Value
This advice may feel counter-intuitive and risky to some, but when people are looking to buy a house, price is the number one factor. Once they fall in love with your house, they are more likely to participate in a bidding war if it comes down to it. A just-under-market-value-priced home could drive up the listing price, giving you a higher profit.
Contact Utah Sell Now
If you struggle to attract home buyers or don’t want to deal with the headache and hassle of selling your home to them, contact Utah Sell Now. If you live in Salt Lake City, Utah, or the surrounding area, we’re your problem-free solution to selling your house. We want to buy your home for cash regardless of its condition!
You choose the closing date, and we’ll cover the closing costs. Contact us to get your cash offer today!